- Built the K.R.S dam
- Brought electricity to Bangalore
- Started Mysore University
- Created U.V.C.E (started as a Mechanical Engg. school)
- Influential in starting the State Bank of Mysore
- and so on and so forth...
Sir MV was known for his discipline, punctuality, honesty, work ethic, and probably every positive adjective that you can think of. Extremely quality conscious, he is said to have checked every pillar and beam that went into the Kannambadi dam. A brilliant engineer, he is said to have exclaimed "what a waste of energy!" when he saw the gushing waters of the Jog Falls. Honest to a fault, he is said to have turned off the 'state-supplied' candle and used his own when he finished work and was handling personal correspondence. It is officials like him that gave Mysore state the sobriquet 'Model State' in the early-late 40s.
As the poet said..."Jaane kahan gaye voh (din) log?"