Sunday, October 22, 2006
This is the kind of thinking that pervades most of Indian life today. I'm subscribed to an orkut community on Calvin and Hobbes, on which someone posted a question wondering what Calvin's star sign was. Here is what is possibly the 'best' answer:
he has to be an Aries..my guys an Aries...n he is no less than Calvin....n he adores him a lot...so gotta be Aries
What astounding logic! Calvin has to be an Aries, because 'her guy' is an Aries and he is adores Calvin. Haven't these people heard of 'evidence'? Or 'scientific enquiry'? (The second question was for the Caesarian idiot.)
Sunday, October 15, 2006
- Be of Indian origin. (Well, this one is a no-brainer.) At the least, fake it.
- Immigrate to the US, or to the UK. Or better still, have your parents immigrate when you are hardly speaking
- Write about one of the following topics:
* How your Grandmother was married off at 12
* How your mother (or yourself) was never allowed to date a guy
* How your grandparents arranged your parents' marriage
* How your grandfather always had the last word in everything
* How your grandmother, mother, aunts behaved
* How you never kissed a guy till you reached the US (or the UK)
- Now, praise the US and the UK for being the free societies they are, in which, thanks to the grace of the Lord merciful, you can actually kiss a guy! (Even if you are one!!!)
- Lambast western capitalism. Fly in business class to attend World Social (sic) Forum meetings to rant against the wealthy.
- Wait until the Guardian or the New York Post publishes a review of your work.
Lo and behold, in no time, you'll be one of the grand candidates for the Booker, the Nobel, or what have you.
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Sunday, October 01, 2006
I also looked for a feedback link to give them a piece of my mind, but that doesn't seem to be present, either!!!
What is happening, Google!?
(For the skeptics, try this: Search for "Gandhi" in my blog. You'll see one result with the title "Nostalgia updated". Then, go to this link: