Friday, January 27, 2006

Friends

No, this is not about the TV series. It is about real friends. The ones we meet in life - with whom we share the good and the bad, with whom we learn, from whom we learn, and essentially enjoy being with. Have you noticed that the only relationships we choose in our lives are those of our friends, and the rest - parents, siblings, children e.t.c are all ones we are stuck with (particularly if you are not as lucky as me)?

Wives are a different story - lets not go there...at least not yet :)

Anyway, here is an ode to friendship that a very dear friend of mine sent a long while ago.

[ode]
Friendship Forever

Sometimes in life, you find a special friend;
Someone who changes your life just by being part of it.
Someone who makes you laugh until you can't stop
Someone who makes you believe that there really is good in the world.
Someone who convinces you that there really is an unlocked door just waiting for you to open it.

This is Forever Friendship.

When you're down, and the world seems dark and empty, Your forever friend lifts you up in spirit and makes that dark and empty world suddenly seem bright and full. Your forever friend gets you through the hard times, the sad times, and the confused times. Your forever friend holds your hand and tells you that everything is going to be okay. And if you find such a friend, you feel happy and complete, because you need not worry. You have a forever friend for life, and forever has no end.
[/ode]


So, again, heartfelt thanks to all those friends, who brought sunshine to a rainy day, who lent a shoulder to cry on, who listened to my meaningless rants, who patiently taught me to ride a bike, who tolerated my less-than-comfortable coding skills while doing projects with me, who fought with me because I didn't watch a film they wanted me to, who laughed silly at my nutty jokes, who were my teammates on the cricket field, who recognized my potential better than me, who...well, you all know. Thanks also to those friends who in sharing their feelings made me feel better, who made me tougher by narrating their woes, who made me understand people by understanding me, and who helped me become a better tutor by being willing (usually scapegoat) students.

It is said "We meet to make memories and part to preserve them". Indeed. Thanks to all my friends for all those wonderful and yet painful memories.

Readers, don't worry, I'll get back to my normal topics soon. :)

5 comments:

kattricker said...

Just when I was thinking you've lost control, your last statement gave back confidence!! just kiddin'... well expressed kano.

Gops said...

Thanks Karthi.

Actually, I had gotten in kind of an emotional zone for a couple of days - hence that post. But yes, I'm back! :D

Balbir said...

Good friends call up, meet and try to keep in touch, something that is a TODO on your and my list :-)

Gops said...

Oh absolutely.
And Ballu, sorry, its been my poor time mgmt to blame. I'll definitely 'arrange' something soon :)

Balbir said...

Don't worry about it, I have reached the same state, absolutely no time to breath even :(